Saturday, October 24, 2009

BP13_200910124_Web_2.0_Applications_6


During my class at Full Sail University, I have viewed several slide shows that have been uploaded to SlideShare (http://www.slideshare.net/ ) by professionals for communication and review. Prior to being exposed to SlideShare I did not know such a ‘venue’ existed.

With the classes that I teach, I have struggled with posting some of my lectures created in Microsoft PowerPoint due to file size. My largest file size was 64 MB, yet our school’s online class management software could never handle that size of an image heavy slide presentation. SlideShare will let a user upload 100MB per file in various file formats. Because of the issue with our online class management software, I had to start limiting the imagery in my PowerPoints and I had to limit the amount of slides I could cover in a day’s time or it became to confusing for students to know what PowerPoint to review for homework at night. However, with SlideShare I will be able to upload my PowerPoints to it, get the link and attach that link to the school’s online class management page. No more five and six PowerPoint per unit in my classroom. I can upload it all at once and it will be done.

The added benefit I have discovered with SlideShare is that it has other professionals adding to it daily. It has this plethora of information available at the fingertips of my students for continued learning and further exploration.


Finally, I did a team presentation a few weeks ago with a fellow art teacher. If I had taken the time to explore SlideShare further prior to it, I could have placed the completed Keynote presentation on it for all attendees to access upon returning to their school, but instead I made a PDF and placed a link to it on a web site. I now know more Web 2.0 tools to utilizes and tools which I can refer colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful job on your blog, Danni. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete