Saturday, October 24, 2009

BP14_20091024_Response_To_Peer_Blog_Post

art education, reources, games

Sunday, October 18, 2009

BP15_2009103_The Incredible Art Department

With a name like this, one does not know what to expect. I thought of the Hulk, (lol) but have come to use this resource for many things. Princeton University continues to update and enlarge this site that I have used for years. My favorite aspect of the site is that is is kept updated and always has new things. It has become my go-to place for the latest art gadgets. Like the Getty, it is well-funded and thus reliable.

The screen shot makes it clear just how many different aspects of teaching art are facilitated by this site, since each word surrounding Mona Lisa is a link. From blogs to suppliers; from lessons to games and activities; from links to association resources for advocacy, this site has it all. When I am in need of some lesson resources, it is always my first stop, and often the only one. For inspiration or even for sub plans, this is site is the best one I know. Check it out for yourself.

3 comments:

beckie lamborn said...

The Incredible Art Department, look at all the activities Mona Lisa is juggling!! I will have to check this site out!

cmtobias55 said...

I checked this site out and it is filled with lessons for every age group.
Just about everything and any thing anyone wants to know about art can be found on that sits. It is a wonderful resource.

Danni Brayer said...

I have been to this site before, but some time ago. At that time, I was unimpressed with it; it was clunky to get around on and not well organized. However, I took the time to peruse it once again. I found a new navigation along with a new arrangement of information. I was excited to find the addition of a variety of videos available for viewing and an improved arrangement of artist lists. Thank you for bring this site back to my attention and recommending that I visit it once again. I now have another online resource for my art classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment